Saturday 10 May 2014

#100daysoflearning

This coming week I am going to introduce a new concept to my class to promote use of the blog and them leading their learning based on personal interests, passions, hobbies and curiosities.

On Facebook lately I have seen friends photograph pictures of things that make them smile or brighten their day.  They then use the hashtag #100daysofhappy to group their posts.  http://100happydays.com/ The premise behind this is to cherish the smaller things in life that often pass us by.  To look for and recognise the things that put a smile on your face, make you laugh, brighten your day or make you thankful for what you have.

I love the concept behind it and therefore am going to steal the idea and introduce #100daysoflearning to my class.  They will then use the tag feature on our blog to group together things that make them think, get them wondering, interest them, spark curiosity and make them engage in things that are happening in the world around them.  

As they find a video, photograph, quote, picture, news article etc they can post this on the blog and include key questions for others to think about.  I really want to encourage my students to spark wonder in each other and learn to question 'why?' and 'how?' a little more than they normally do.  

To make myself practice what I preach, I have decided to do a similar thing on this blog.  I am hereby declaring that I will post at least 2 short reflective posts each week.  I am a very reflective person naturally, however like most some of the things I think 'wow, I must do that' or ' that is an amazing idea' sometimes can get pushed to the back of my mind in the chaos that is everyday life.  Those ideas will now be posted on here! Video links, websites, links to other amazing blog posts that have inspired me, summaries of discussions or staff meetings...be prepared...you will hear about it! 

Hopefully this will go down a treat on Monday - keep you posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment