Saturday 1 November 2014

Weekly Planning - Moving to Google Docs

Planning using Google Docs has been a massive change in my practise this year.  The open access of planning has made me more accountable and also the ease of planning and sharing it with children has made it more relevant!

I started the year my planning in separate documents for each subjects which is what many of the teacher at NPS are doing.  It seemed like a nightmare each week to update and check planning was shared with the correct people and uploaded to the right place.

My answer... Google Spreadsheets.

All the planning for each term in on one spreadsheet which includes different tabs for each week of planning.  I now have four documents for the year (one for each term although Term one is partially in separate docs and partially in a spreadsheet) which includes weekly, reading and maths planning.

Benefits from Google Docs Planning:
- ease of planning each week in one document.
- user friendly planning which is only one page to refer to each day.
- ease of including class description and groupings on different tabs also (have been removed for privacy reasons)
- one document makes it easier to share my planning with my appraiser, senior management team and my own team.
- Google Docs makes collaborative teaching and planning easy with multiple teachers working on a doc remotely.
- For me, increased accountability because I don't like missing a tab (perfectionist trait)

TERM TWO WEEKLY PLANNING

TERM THREE WEEKLY PLANNING



No comments:

Post a Comment