Sunday 15 March 2015

Celebration! I've made my first three digital badges!

So - brief update! This is more challenging that it looks! 

Initially I thought I would use a programme called Credly.  I thought this was how other people were designing and making their badges...turns out Credly is more about the administering of badges...this might come in handy later on if my ideas on how to award the badges fail.

So I googled! https://www.openbadges.me/designer.html is the site that I have now chosen to use because it seems very user friendly.  I like the ideas of creating a background for each badge and then dropping the icon into it and then downloading your your own computer! 

Icons - hmmmm I am getting my creative buzz on and using an iPad app called 'Drawing Pad' to create little icons to represent each skill! I am not going to lie... this is taking bloody ages! I think for this reason I will get the children in my class coming up with some ideas and possibly invest in some think stylus pens to assist them with the icon creation stages of this project! 

Three badges made in the blogging set! 




This badge will be awarded to those children who can locate the blog on different devices and sign in successfully using their username and log on.












This badge will be awarded when children can confidently make a new post and submit it for moderation.  It will need to be a completed post which is checked and ready for publication.











This badge is awarded for labelling the blog post correctly so that it shows up on the correct pages and also is shown next to the authors name.  This is a skill that I am drilling at the moment as it keeps the blog organised and easy to navigate with so many users.






Feel like I deserve a coffee - more badges coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment