Saturday 21 March 2015

Planning out the badges

After thinking about these badges all week and chatting to my class about the idea of badges I decides to go all old fashioned and write down using trusty vivid and paper the ideas I had for my initial badges.  



As mentioned in a previous post, I have decided to go for two areas of digital learning which my class are currently working on as this will see them earning the badges in the near future.  This serves two purposes; giving me more time to create further badges for harder ICT skills (this might need to happen sooner rather than later if I get the senior team involved as their skills will be beyond those of my Year 3/4's who are experiencing most computer things for the first time).  Secondly it gives me the chance to have a play with the administration of badges when children are earning them in quick succession.  This is something that I have been contemplating lots and before I try an online badge administrator like Credly, I would prefer to try to administer via Google Slides using the comment feature.  

The following skills are what I have decided to focus this weekends icon making on;

Google Docs and Hapara
1) logging into a Chrome/Logging off and also being able to log on from home.
2) accessing my drive
3) moving documents between folders and folder organisation
4) making a new Google Doc, naming it, using the basic toolbar
5) making a Google Sheet, making a table and a graph, inserting this into a Doc
6) making a Google Slide, inserting new slides, changing backgrounds and fonts, transitions
7) adding hyperlinks to Docs
8) commenting and acknowledging comments
9) sharing documents with others
10) working collaboratively on a document
11) switching between usernames

Blogging
1) finding and logging onto the class blog
2) navigating the blog using the page tabs and author roll
3) making a new post, naming it, formatting it and publishing it
4) adding labels to a post
5) commenting on a post to give somebody feedback
6) adding a photo to a blog post using upload and URL
7) embedding a Google Doc/Sheet/Slide into a blog post
8) teaching parents how to comment and use the blog

First step to create icons for each of these because I do not like the ones that I created last week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment